Here’s the run-down:
– Winning Novel: Blackout/All Clear by Connie Willis (Spectra)
– Winning Novella: “The Lady Who Plucked Red Flowers Beneath the Queen’s Window” by Rachel Swirsky (Subterranean Summer ’10)
– Winning Novelette: “That Leviathan Whom Thou Hast Made” by Eric James Stone (Analog 9/10)
– Winning Short Story (tie): “Ponies” by Kij Johnson (Tor.com 1/17/10) and “How Interesting: A Tiny Man” by Harlan Ellison (Realms of Fantasy 2/10)
– Ray Bradbury Award (best speculative motion picture): Inception
– Andre Norton Award (best sci/fantasy for young adults): I Shall Wear Midnight by Terry Pratchett (Gollancz; Harper)
I haven’t read all of these. I’ve heard a lot of good buzz about Connie Willis, so I may have to add the winners to my reading list. I did read and get a hearty chill from "Ponies," which was two orders of magnitudes better than the last Kij Johnson tale I read. And old man Harlan … still out there winning awards.
There’s hope for us all yet.