Wow. Almost killed me, but I finished. The first draft of Omega Mage is officially done, as of 1030PM central daylight time today. I did about 7K words this weekend, to finish up.
It’s done – a fully complete novel. Not the most advanced accomplishment, but considering I’ve been at this a while, I’m glad to get through it.
A little word count discrepancy: since I normally don’t type in Microsoft Word, I use an online Java tool to track my word count (found here). That tool has my word count at 87K. I did a count in word, and it came up with 83K. So looking at about a 5% difference. No biggie; I wanted to get over 80K, and since I have some material to add during my next draft, it should be fine.
In any event, I am just glad to get one version finished. I need to let it sit for a least a week away before I start to revise, so time to get caught up on some other things.